Liquor liability insurance provides coverage for bodily injury or property damage for which an insured may be held liable by reason of the following:
- Causing or contributing to the intoxication of any person.
- Furnishing alcoholic beverages to a person under the legal drinking age or under the influence of alcohol .
- Violating any statute, ordinance, or regulation relating to the sale, gift, distribution, or use of alcoholic beverages.
This coverage applies only if the insured is involved in the following activities:
- Manufacturing, selling, or distributing alcoholic beverages.
- Serving or furnishing alcoholic beverages for a charge, whether or not such activity requires a license or is for the purpose of financial gain or livelihood.
- Serving or furnishing alcoholic beverages without a charge, if a license is required for such activity.
For a detailed description of our other types of business coverage, click on the links below:
- Boiler & Machinery
- Builder’s Risk
- Business / Commercial General Liability Coverages
- Commercial Automobile Coverages
- Commercial Crime Coverages
- Commercial Property Coverages
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Employment Practices
- Fiduciary Liability
- Garage Liability
- Inland Marine Coverages
- Liquor Liability
- Professional Liability
- Umbrella Liability Coverages
- Workers' Compensation